Social Issue Research Topic

My social issue that I typed was about Gun Control. It’s a social issue because there are thousands of people dying from gun violence and other people are killing student’s or there are accidental shootings from weapons that don’t belong to the killer and there are illegal weapons being imported. people disagree about this social issue that it isn’t really a social issue and they also disagree about if they have tougher gun control that it will reduce the gun violence and death toll.

My proposed solution is to find a way to remove all weapons from the public so that no one has has a weapon so they cant kill or hurt anyone, Also to find a way to stop importing of illegal weapons. I think this is the best solution because its the most safest solution that could stop all the killing and even though the people wont like the idea it’s still making the world safer.

The pros to my solution are there will be fewer deaths, the world is also gonna be a little bit safer now since there wont be people with guns to kill you.

Some cons that my solution has are there probably could be riots because we would take everybody’s gun, there also could be a fight between congress about the new law.

2 questions that I have is why doesn’t the government try to improve the gun laws?

Another question I have is why doesn’t the government try to stop the importation of illegal weapons?

5 thoughts on “Social Issue Research Topic”

1. I think that they aren’t trying to improve the gun laws is because they still want to make money. When less people buy guns the less money they will make.

2. I feel that people should not be able to hold a gun because their can accidents when holding gun. Also people can try to hurt other people with the use of it if they do not know how to handle a gun.

3. I think you chose a good issue to talk about since that has been a big problem lately. I agree with your solution and your pros and cons.